The Loves Science series is not only adorable and fun, but also chock full of brainy info about, well... SCIENCE! Yay!
Test your knowledge, use your imagination, and enjoy: Click for activity kits including mazes, crosswords, coloring pages, and a downloadable Science Bingo game.
Every Child a Reader has a bunch of downloadable coloring pages from your favorite Children's Book artists, including one from Raúl the Third!
Highlights for Children is chock full of FREE cool stuff, like:
* Free printable workbook pages at bit.ly/HighlightsWorkbookPrintables
* Crafts, recipes, science experiments, games, puzzles, and more at HighlightsKids.com
* Hours of puzzle videos at bit.ly/HighlightsKidsYouTube and animated stories at bit.ly/HighlightsHighFiveYouTube
* Highlights Hangout podcast episodes on bit.ly/HighlightsHangoutYouTube, or wherever you listen to podcasts
* Engaging digital play on HiddenPictures.com or any of their apps, available in the App Store or on Google Play
Wanna make a Comic? Cartoonist Mike Lawrence, creator of the graphic novel series STAR SCOUTS, has a free Star Scout activity sheet pdf ready to download that includes a "how to draw guide" and create-a-comic worksheet. Get it here!
Make Your Own Reading Fort (and so much more!): Picture book author Jessica Young has a great Teacher/Parent resource page on her website that includes instructions for making your own cozy reading fort! (We could all use one of those...) -- this page also includes printable coloring pages and other activity sheets, and more is being added. Check it out!
Wanna Hear a Story? Kate Messner shares a sneak-peek of OVER AND UNDER THE RAINFOREST, a book she wrote with illustrations by Christopher Silas Neal. The book doesn't come out until August, but you can see and hear it today. Take a look!